Monday, March 21, 2016

Poster Reflection





















             I believe my stance is clear because it shows how police and civilians fight against each other. There are different fonts throughout my final project. This final is extremely different to my first draft because on illustrator I use different shapes to create different angles for the poster while my draft did not go together. My poster idea changed drastically because on my final, I did not really have a stance. It is just to stop fighting among the people while my drawn draft was more of a police brutality. I like the new visual outcome because there are more colors to the poster.
             I changed the boxer person to an angry woman cartoon character. It was difficult for me to find pictures of angry cartoon people, so I settled for only one woman. I added the word "Stop" in different fonts on the background of my poster. This added a good contrast in the photo between different words and I like how some words are cut off because of how my photo is layered. Because I added the background, I started to get a bit more creative since it looked better. There is zero empty space in my final draft compared to my first draft.
             My project is strongest in the Design category because there are different ways I filled in space in my poster project. I am least confident in the concept section because I changed it constantly because the "stop fighting" concept goes better with the clash within the community rather than the police brutality.
             The most challenging aspect of this project is finding the right photos to add to the poster. I could not find any good photos and it was difficult to create, so I had to settle with bad ones. Like the cartoon people and police I had to settle for them because I struggled to find any other good one.
             This project is challenging technically because it is difficult to create art works on illustrator since I just started working on it. Like there are too many tools and it is difficult to implement everything into my poster project.

  1. Do you believe your stance clear within your poster? Defend your answer- image, fonts, color, composition, etcFrom your initial thumbnail sketches to your hand drawn draft- Do you feel you were successful in re-creating your poster idea digitally? If not, do you like the new visual outcome?
  2. What were the changes you made from your first version to the last version of the poster? Explain why you made those changes?
  3. Looking over your rubric, which category do you think your project is strongest? Explain why. Which category do you feel the least confident? Explain why.
  4. What was the most challenging aspect of the project, conceptually?
  5. What was most challenging about the project, technically?

2 comments:

  1. Your stance against police brutality was expressed well in your poster! There were a lot of images on your poster, which I think demonstrates the chaos that ensues from police brutality. It made me think about police brutality and violence in general in a different way. The message was fairly urgent as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poster clearly represents your stance on police brutality. The use of all of your images put together on the poster so the urgency you have about this issue. Police brutality occurs nationwide and something has to be done about it. The wording in red and black as well as the font really sticks out to the audience.

    ReplyDelete